Sunday, 10 June 2012

Busy but wet Saturday

Now we have wind and rain. Not typical June weather.

Decided that as it was a washout I would do something useful and get on with the wedding stationery for our grandsons wedding.

So far I have done the invitations, place cards, RSVPs , favours and cupcake boxes. What I have left to do is table number holders, seating plan, menus and order of service. Below is a picture of the table number holder. I saw this idea somewhere months ago but they used clock fingers pointing to the table number.

I decided to go with the theme that i used for the rest of the stationery which is butterflies and the colours are plum and ivory. I'm quite pleased with it.

INSTRUCTIONS

You need to get a book with a hard cover to enable it to stand up. This book was 50p from Wilkinsons and it originally had elastic to hold it closed. The front was printed so the first thing I had to do was cover that up.

  1. I used lightweight card stock in ivory and covered the book
  2. The butterfly is from Cheery Lynn designs and is a die cut which I cut on my Big Shot in ivory and the underwings (which is also part of the die set) was cut and coloured with the plum colour using a die based ink pad.
  3. Stick the under wings to the main body of the butterfly
  4. Place a strip of lace down the right hand side of the book and stick in place
  5. The number I cut using my Cricut machine and as I really wanted it to be chipboard so it stood out slightly I cut the number 4 times using normal weight card stock and stuck them together to get the same effect. I then coloured it with the plum colour then embossed with clear detail to make it stand out even more, then stuck it to the lace using PVA glue.
  6. Last thing I did was to stick on the butterfly.

Here is the finished book.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. that's very pretty Lyn, i wouldn't change a thing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lyn the table card is simply stunning with that butterfly! I would not alter not add anything to it. It looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete