Wednesday, 16 May 2012

May swaps for Amadcraftersattic


I've sent out my swaps today for my swap group. I've photographed them and will give a brief description of how I've done each one, hopefully to remind me of what I've done later. My memory is terrible!

 


Things in the sky

I stamped the stars with Versamark onto black glossy card stock then dusted with pearlex gold and green. The image of the woman was stamped with Versamagic onto white card stock, cut out and stuck onto the act.


Four calling birds for the 12 days of Christmas swap

I used ivory card stock for this one. Two shades of distress ink swiped onto a worksheet and spritzed with water, then placed the card stock onto the inks and twisted. Dried immediately. The image of the birds on the telephone was found by doing a google search. I printed this and cut it out. I used stormy skies distress ink to stamp the trees then stuck the birds on top. The musical notes were drawn freehand.

Embellish it

The iris was stamped onto the cardstock with Versamark then embossed with clear detail. The background was done in exactly the same way as the atc above using crushed olive and shabby shutters. I dried it with a heat gun then removed the ink lying on top of the embossing by carefully wiping with a damp tissue. I stamped Simply Amazing in the top left hand corner and added the plastic butterfly which was the embellishment.

Brothers

The cardstock used for this atc was packaging from a die which I purchased recently and I liked the crackle pattern on it. The stamp was from the craft fair last year and I cannot for the life of me remember who makes it. I stamped it onto ivory cardstock with Versamagic black and cut it out then stuck it to the card. The Brothers was printed on the printer. I used tea stain to distress the edges of it before sticking it down then I distressed the edges of the card to match.

All tied up

I'm not sure whether or not you can see this but I have wrapped gold thread all around the atc. I stamped the leaf stamp onto ivory cardstock (I like ivory) with sepia Versamagic onto a scrap of scrapbook paper with gold lines running down it. I then glued the buttons on using my hot glue gun. The stamp is from Crafty Individuals.

 

Floral

My favourite background yet again lol. Mustard seed and marigold distress inks. Stamped the floral and butterfly stamp (Crafty Individuals) with black momentous ink. I coloured the roses with Tombow pens. The blue German scrap was a bargain from the craft fair.

Spring

I'm not ashamed to admit that I am addicted to distress inks and love to use them for backgrounds. This background was done with my usual technique using crushed olive and mustard seed then I laid a mask onto it and lightly sprayed with adirondack colour wash. The bird was stamped onto it using the crushed olive again, I didn't want it to stand out too much. The butterfly is a cheery Lynn die and I cut it out of golf cardstock.

Anything Goes

Nothing different for the background, distress inks but different colours. The stamps are all a nautical theme from Stamping Up. I used 4 different stamps to create a collage style atc.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment